Tuna Fudge Training Treats
Tuna fudge is a staple in our house. Inexpensive and easy to whip up, but smelly enough to tempt even the non-foodies in your household, we take it with us on every walk for recall and "leave it" practice.
4 5-ounce cans of undrained tuna
3 cups flour
- Substitute one cup of tapioca flour for a less crumbly treat
- Substitute soy or garbanzo bean flours for a grain-free diet
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Blend all ingredients until a batter forms.
- Using a spatula, spread the batter onto a lightly-greased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 40 minutes or until firm, but not browned.
- Let cool then cut into small chunks. (Pizza cutters speed up this process.)
Refrigerate or freeze any unused portions.