Peanut Butter & Pumpkin Dog Biscuits
1 cup white flour
1.5 cups whole wheat flour
1 cup pureed pumpkin, fresh or canned
2 tablespoons flaxseed meal
6 tablespoons water
4 tablespoons peanut butter (without xylitol)
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix together the flaxseed meal and water in a small bowl. Set aside until it becomes viscous.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine all ingredients.
- Roll the dough out on a floured surface to 1/4" thick.
- Cut into small pieces or use your favorite small cookie cutter, bake on ungreased cookie sheet for 40 minutes.
NOTE: This baking method yields very dry biscuits with a long shelf-life. For more aromatic, softer biscuits, bake for less time and keep refrigerated.