Liver Fudge Training Treats
Savory and pungent, these homemade treats rival expensive store-bought ones for their motivation quotient. The tapioca flour keeps the treats from crumbling, while the parmesan cheese gives the flavor a boost. Or so I've been told.
1 pound beef or chicken liver
1 cup milk
1 cup tapioca flour
1.5 cups baking flour
1/3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a blender, puree liver, egg and milk.
- In a mixing bowl, add liver mixture, flour and parmesan cheese. Stir gently until flour lumps dissolve.
- Using a spatula, spread the batter onto a lightly-greased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until firm, but not browned.
- Let cool then cut into small chunks. (Pizza cutters speed up this process.)
Refrigerate or freeze any unused portions.